1.14.2017

Book Review: Amish Weddings


I have to admit, guys, when I read this book I was a little disappointed. Leslie Gould has done better. I have nothing bad to say about the writing, or characters, it was more the morals of some of the characters.
I also didn't realize that the book was apart of a series :(
Being about the Amish I thought the book would be like a normal Amish story. You know the type...farming, buggy rides, and courting.
Amish Weddings is a story about a girl named Rose. She has always been more feisty and festive then the normal Amish girl. She has had it in her mind that she is going to marry the Bishops son, Rueben. They are both in "love" until Rose's future brother-in-law brings a friend home, one who isn't of the Amish, and Rose suddenly gets tired of waiting on Reuben.
I don't like to spoil stories so I won't go any further with telling the storyline.
You might would like the story, so I'm not discouraging anyone from reading it. I just felt that it wasn't Leslie Gould's best. Take it from me though when I say that it isn't the usual Amish book.
I'll give it four stars. It has potential, and if I wasn't expecting a quiet Amish story I may have liked it better.
I also did like the cover. It's soft and cutesy (cutesy?) :) even if it belies the book.
Yes, I would recommend to someone, but I would also tell them the drawbacks and let them decide whether or not to read it.


If you have any comments or recommendations please leave them in the comments below, and be sure to follow!


I was given this book by NetGalley for a complete and honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment