12.17.2016

Book Review: For the Record

Thank you, Regina Jennings, for another amazing read. I was so thankful to start the book and piece together that I was reading about little Betsy. For The Record brings a down to earth calmness that warms you to your toes and makes you want to curl up with a cup of something warm on a rainy day. The setting for the book is in the Ozarks of Missouri and Betsy Huckabee is just a small town "old maid" who dreams of being a writer. Independence is her game and being single is just the gist of it. She works in her uncle Frank's printing press and stays with Frank and his wife Sissy. After sweeping over every available bachelor in town, and the surrounding areas she's perfectly fine with staying single and making a name for herself in the world of writing. Things change when the Dashing Deputy comes all the way from the plains of Texas and messes up her plans, Or it could be the other way around.
For The Record holds inevitable charm and a familiar coziness that's associated with Regina Jennings again and again. I picked up this novel and couldn't put it down. I almost cried when I realized it was over. It's that good.
If I could give it more than five stars I would, but since five is the highest then that's what it'll have to be.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the book below, feel free to leave a comment. '

I was given a copy of this book by NetGalley for a complete and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment