4.18.2017

Book Review: The Illusionists Apprentice

Image result for the illusionists apprenticeNever before have I been swept away with a story such as I was with The Illusionist's Apprentice. It wasn't just an interesting story, it was magical and enthralling.
It begins with the sad tale of a magician of sorts claiming he could bring a man back to life. When I started reading this I figured that this book would be a fluke. I WAS WRONG. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE WRONG!!
I learned a valuable lesson with this book, it was this: Don't give up on a book after the first chapter.
It was so much more than just magic or illusion. It's a story of trust. It has hardships, history, and Harry Houdini.
Wren Lockhart, a former assistant for the great Harry Houdini, is very private and mysterious. When the FBI starts asking for her help with investigating she has to figure out the difference between her personal life and the life she leads when she's on the vaudeville stage.
I would definitely read this book again, I would most certainly recommend The Illusionist's Apprentice, and I am anxiously awaiting the next book that Kristy Cambron chooses to grace us with. Five out of five stars for this gem!
Maybe I am a little kid at heart, but when it comes to books like this I could sit still for hours and read. Most of the time when I finish with a book that I really love I could shed a few tears at the loss of friends that I related with in each instance. Am I the only person that does this? Let me know below!
If you have any questions, comments, or you just want to chat leave a comment!
Have a wonderful day!


I was given a copy of  this book by Net Galley for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment