12.10.2016

Book Review: The Pattern Artist

I think The Pattern Artist is the first novel that I've read by Nancy Moser, and I loved it! The characters were easy to understand and the dialogue interesting. It's full of adventure, but it also gives you a glimpse into the life of a poor housemaid who works her way up.
I loved the combined history in this book. So many facts that were put in here rang true.
This book is about commitment, honesty, and how to make it in life. It takes into context many different ways of life.
Annie Wood was a housemaid who was born into poverty in England. She sails over to New York City in 1911 with a rich, excessive family thinking that they need her for more than just menial housework, being the talented seamstress that she is, but the ladies of the house do not seem to realize that she has the talent, even though Annie does all of the work on the clothing.
Annie soon meets two other young people and they all decide to run-away for a glimpse of New York and a chance to make their own futures. With Macy's department store, A man named Sean, A trip to Paris, and the splendid ship, The Titanic, Annie gets more of an adventure than she had in mind.
The book is fantastic.
I would recommend it to anyone. and I will also give it five stars because history and mystery are a charming combination.


If you have any questions just ask below! I would be happy to answer them for you.


I was given this book by NetGalley for a complete and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment